Truman Names First Charles J. McClain Pershing Scholar
The vision of the late Charles McClain, who served as president of Truman State University from from 1970 to 1989, has played a major role in shaping the University we know today. He strove to ensure Truman would support the intellectual and personal development of talented young men and women. To help achieve this goal, he created the General John J. Pershing Scholarship in 1974. Thanks to donors like Jeff and Deanna Burns, the endowment is now able to support one Pershing Scholar who will receive the distinction of being named the Charles J. McClain Pershing Scholar.
The first annual Charles J. McClain Pershing Scholar was announced at the annual Pershing Reception on campus. Judge Ann Covington, widow of Dr. McClain, presented the award to Jacob Fallman, a senior from Oak Grove, Mo.
As a part of Truman’s 150th anniversary celebration, you are invited to make your mark on Truman’s campus by joining the efforts to renovate Sesquicentennial Plaza. Bricks can be personalized with a gift of $150, and personalized 8″x8″ pavers are $500. Additionally, donors can name items provided as a part of the Mall renovation, including gardens, benches and the Library Patio.
Update from Campaign Chair Sharron Quisenberry…
Summer 2017—There are twelve months remaining in the Pursue the Future Campaign. As we enter the final year, 88% of the $40 million goal has been raised thanks to our wonderful alumni and friends. We anticipate the goal will be met and surpassed and are grateful for our alumni and friends who have helped get us to this point.
Campaign Enters Final Lap
The five-year campaign to secure $40 million for Truman entered its final year on July 1, 2017. With commitments of more than $35.2 million, the Pursue the Future campaign is in a strong position and poised to surpass goal by the end date of June 30, 2018.
- $25,000 Challenge Gift will help Truman Celebrate Sesquicentennial Year
- Legacy Gift is a Big Win for Athletics
- $90,000 Commitment Creates Excellence Fund for the School of Business
- Scholarship Commitments with a Global Impact
- Repeat Winner in Bulldog B.I.T.E. Competition
- Mark V. Gray Honorary Scholarship Established
- The Impact of Your Gifts: How a Study Abroad Scholarship Made a Real Difference in the Life of a Truman Student
- Donors Give Back with Pitch Competition
- Commitment Enhances Parents Scholarship
- Estate Gift Funds New Scholarship Endowment
- Alumni Pledge Record-Breaking Donation
- Sharing Good Fortune With Others
- Finding Ways To Pay It Forward
- Honoring A Golf Coach
- Providing Students An Inside Look At State Government
- Thanks a Million Dr. McClain
- Two Influential Foundation Funds Become Permanent Endowments»
- Barner Establishes School of Business Endowment»
- Students Connect With Alumni Chicago Style»
- Stadium Renovation Project Moving Forward»
- VIDEO: “Pursue the Future” Campaign Kickoff Celebration
- Truman State University Launches $40 Million “Pursue the Future” Fundraising Campaign